29 Super Six Does Not Want to Start

Always fire up the Hudson at Christmas but this year my 29 Hudson Super Six did not want to start. Ran fine in August, which is the last time it was out. Has three fourths tank of fresh gas & Stabil fuel additive. Fuel pump seems full & glass bowl on the bottom of the pump is full. I put an on-off petcock on the bottom of the pump, just to be sure the fuel in the pump stays there until the next time out. I did remember to shut the petcock off in August and have not seen any evidence of fuel dripping from the pump, so that should be good. The float valve in the carb does not always shut off tight, and you can see the fuel dripping out occasionally from the carb when cranking. Also shot some starting fluid in the air inlet, all to no avail.

Spark does not look strong and seems to be sporadic instead of constantly repetitive, so Im suspecting an ignition issue. Not sure how just to tackle this issue, but Id be pretty sure that some of you have encountered it, so I thought I would get the best input before starting to pull things apart.

Appreciate the help and wish everyone in the Hudson Club a happy and prosperous new year.

Best Regards,

Cliff
This discussion has been closed.