Splasher oil pressure switch 37T

barrysweet52
barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
I have 4 damaged ones. I believe that past owners have tightened the big nut on the bakelite wiring connection post to stop an oil leak, and this has damaged and broken off the shoulder on the switches. There should be a gasket on both sides of this shoulder and the big nut's job is to hold the bakelite connection in the switch. Im going to turn up a nylon replacement with a shoulder, tap a 3/16 UNC thread in the nylon, and screw in a long stud that will have the correct end profile. Has anyone done this or done an alternative repair? 

Comments

• barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    I now have found 5 oil pressure switches. Only 1 had the shoulder and this helped me make a replacement out of black nylon called wearlon. 300mm  x 20mm dia $6. Nylon comes in white (softest nylon), yellow (oil impregnated for lubrication) and the hard black. After I made one I decided to pull out the only good one because the main bore in that switch was too badly pitted. I used a small piece of pipe and the brass nut. Came out very easy. Will use o rings for the gaskets when I replace, and align when inserting. I removed the damaged Bakelite from one of them to expose the brass "stud" and inserted it into the one that I made. 
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Thanks for your detailed pictures! Should help many "splasher " owners.