1953 Hudson Hornet convertible HELP!

Hi everyone, my name is Vince and I work at a restoration shop, Metal Edge Creations in Elk Grove Village IL and we are working on a 53 Hornet convertible. This car came to us in boxes from another shop and we are having a difficult time putting the top mechanism back together. Here is a few photos of what we think the top comes together. Any pictures or help would be greatly appreciative!  Thanks Vince 

Comments

• Hi Vince. Is your customer a member of the Hudson Club? Do you have copies of the factory parts manual? Or the factory service manual? Reprints are available through the club store. Membership is only around 35 dollars a year, and you have access to all kinds of information that would pay you back in a few hours by saving time researching. We do enjoy seeing builds come together (especially from pro restoration shops), so please keep posting photos of your progress.
  • Wildrick Rubber Parts in Shelbyville, IN. has everything rubber related, and it is all Hudson specific, not a generic, "fits everything" product. They also do restorations, and could be a valuable resource for you.
  • Okay thanks for the info, I will have to contact the owner and see if he is in the Hudson club or has any other info for the top.

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Check your shop voice mail.  Answers to
    your question.  Good luck 
  • Got your message thanks!