Defroster vents

I am looking for the defroster vent that go on the top of the dash for a 1937 Terraplane if any one has one for sale.
THANKS  Ron

Comments

• I have a defroster vent for a later model. I believe it's for a 46-7. If that works for you I'd be happy to sell it to you. 
  • Thank you but it is not the same.  I will try to post a picture of what I need.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Whip, one thing that would help people identify this, would be the dimensions of the openings for the defroster outlets in the dashboard.  Once you remove the "delete plate" (which looks like a little grille) you can measure the opening size and maybe even make a sketch and digitize it.

Another way to find these outlets would be to e-mail all the Hudson vendors who regularly advertise in the WTN.  They often have piles of unidentified Hudson parts accumulated over the years, so sending them a sketch or photo with dimensions, would be helpful.  What you are looking for is pretty obscure so they'd need all the help they could get, in identifying the things.  They look like some sort of weird nozzle for a vacuum cleaner, with a pipe protruding for the vacuum hose.

You will also need a "Y" fitting so that the hose coming up from the defroster outlet on the heater, can split and go to the left and right outlets on the dash.
  •  Jon B   The two pieces I need are the ones that go on top of the dash that look like a grille.  Thanks for your reply and helping me to find my parts.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Ahh!  So you are not looking for the defroster outlets, but the "delete plates" (or "grille" in this case)!  Those should be a lot easier to find than the outlets.