1936 Hudson or Terraplane speedometer cluster needed.

Rocket
Rocket Senior Contributor
I am in need of a 1936 Hudson or Terraplane speedometer cluster dose not rely have to have all the parts the main thing I need in good shape is the glass and the bezel that holds the glass to the housing any help would be great thanks Tom L.

Comments

• Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    I'm sorry to muscle in on you Tom, but if anyone has the guts of a 34 or 35 speedometer I'd like to hear from them please.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I will look tomorrow when I go to work
  • Rocket
    Old Fogey UK that is ok hopefully we will both be able to get what we need and
    ski4life are you looking for 34 or 35 parts or are you looking for 36 parts for us Thanks for your time for trying to help us out Tom.
  • ski4life65
    edited September 2020
    Looking for both but more confident on the 36
  • Old Fogey UK
    Looking for both but more confident on the 36
    Very grateful that you've trying. Thank you.
  • Currently 2 x 1936 hudson clusters are listed on the USA ebay for $269 and $329
    They are complete 
  • Rocket
    Ken1962 thanks I have looked at both of these and I have talked to the seller in the past if you take a close look at the things he sells he sandblast just about every thing he takes off of a car then he will try to sell it for a fortune cost is way to high for me.
  • 35Terra
    35Terra Senior Contributor
    I believe I have a 35 Speedo but would have to take a pic and post it to verify
  • Old Fogey UK
    35Terra said:
    I believe I have a 35 Speedo but would have to take a pic and post it to verify
    Great ! Thank you !
  • 35Terra
    35Terra Senior Contributor
    Yes it is a 35.  I checked it with a drill running counterclockwise (looking from the back) and it worked. The metal dash plate would need restored but it is not rusted, just looks bad. I sanded the very top by the 50 and the metal is smooth.
  • ski4life65
    Not positive on year????

• Rocket
    ski4life65 thank you for posting a picture of the one you have I am not sure of the year of the one you have it is not 36 the one I need has a dome lens on it not the flat glass like yours has thank you for looking Tom.
  • Old Fogey UK
    What I'm looking for is just the "black box" part of the speedometer and all of its internals to replace the nearly worn out one in my 34 Hudson.
    It would be a real shame to butcher these nice Terraplane instrument panels to get that.
    Thank you both very much for posting the pics.
    My search continues...
  • philster
    philster Expert Adviser
    Old Fogey.

Is this what you are looking for?  It is from a 1934 Terraplane Speedo.

• Old Fogey UK
    philster said:
    Old Fogey.

Is this what you are looking for?  It is from a 1934 Terraplane Speedo.

Thank you, it could be if it's everything that goes inside the black metal casing on the rear of the instrument panel.
    Please could you private message me with some more details and how much you're wanting for
    it ?
  • Rocket
    I am still looking for a 1936 Terraplane or Hudson Speedometer cluster the main thing I need is the glass (the dome type not the flat glass type) Thanks Tom.