Electric Hand Diaphragm @ Wildrick’s

BigSkyBigSky Posts: 632Senior Contributor
On to the next problem.... does anyone know which diaphragm that Wildrick’s sells is the one I need for my 1937 Hudson?  I assume I need two of the same size, or do I need a small & large instead?  Anyone know without me buying two of each before I tear it apart on my car?

Comments

• ValVal Posts: 870Member
    Give Doug a call he would  be able to tell you which one you need
  • BigSkyBigSky Posts: 632Senior Contributor
    That’s what I would have thought as well.  So a month ago when I called Wildrick’s, the parts guy Cole said he didn’t know and I couldn’t speak to Doug as he was busy.  
    Knowing how busy they are I asked Cole to ask Doug for me & let me know which I need to buy.  A week passed & never heard back so I called & was told by Cole that Doug didn’t know either.  Kinda found that hard to believe, so I emailed Doug and unfortunately haven’t heard back.  I’m sure they’re just really busy....
  • 7XPacemaker7XPacemaker Posts: 402Senior Contributor
    I have given up trying to talk to Doug. I tried to reach him several times about buying a stack of NOS coupe rockers that I have but gave up after calling numerous times.
  • ski4life65ski4life65 Posts: 1,042Expert Adviser
    I have given up trying to talk to Doug. I tried to reach him several times about buying a stack of NOS coupe rockers that I have but gave up after calling numerous times.

HA!
    Yeah Doug is very busy and working short handed. So talking with him can be difficult. Also I was told he was gonna take a much needed break this month. You want to try Jason or Val out at Albright's in California. If you need the number let me know
    Val, if you don’t mind messaging me with their number, I’d really appreciate it.  I just looked through the latest WTN & didn’t see their ad.
    Will do

Ski4life65- not sure what "HA!" meant- if it seems a little hard to believe that I have a "stack" of coupe rockers- here ya go! There is one swb sedan rocker stuck in the mix..

Holy Cow!  I can’t believe those haven’t flown out of your hands!
  • 2manyprojects2manyprojects Posts: 493Expert Adviser
    not a lot of short wheel base cars around thats why the excess. now if they were long wheel worth a lot more money.
    edited September 16
    They are ALL long wheelbase coupe rockers EXCEPT for one swb sedan. One thing that was taught to me was to use a fender skirt and extend the swb rocker panel.
  • RL ChiltonRL Chilton Posts: 5,010Administrator, Member
    7X-

Since talking to you on the phone, I've been revisiting the forum.  Hadn't been on in a good while.  You should put my name on at least a set of these if possible.  Talk to you soon.  

• RL ChiltonRL Chilton Posts: 5,010Administrator, Member
    Sorry, Big Sky.  Looks like your thread got hi-jacked.  As far as your part goes, I checked with one of my sources and here is the info I got:

The electric hand for the '37 is not the same as the Drivemaster.  The diaphragms you have pictured are for Post-War Trannys and have nothing to do with the Electric Hand Unit.  But then again, I know very little about Pre-Stepdown Hudsons, currently.  Would like to remedy that.  
    No problem! 
  • ski4life65ski4life65 Posts: 1,042Expert Adviser

Ski4life65- not sure what "HA!" meant- if it seems a little hard to believe that I have a "stack" of coupe rockers- here ya go! There is one swb sedan rocker stuck in the mix..

Wow! I really thought you were joking. I am in awe! That is like a stack of cash sitting there.
  • syddthekiddsyddthekidd Posts: 231Expert Adviser
    BigSky, Bendix Corporation, who made the electric hand for Hudson, is still a company in business and are still in the business of making all types of vacuum actuators for air brakes and a variety of other applications.  I designed machinery for years at a company the made thermoformers and we used bendix rotochambers on many of our smaller machines.  It's possible if you take one of the vacuum actuators apart and can provide some dimensions someone at Bendix may be able to help you out.....or one of their reps.  I have a '37 coupe myself with electric hand that is incredibly still funtioning.