Under Dash Controls ID on 51 Hornet

Anybody know what these control?
Lever with a white handle (fresh air vent?)
Black toggle switch
Chrome push button
White rheostat

Comments

• This black knob (heater?)

• And is this a little light on far left side of dash?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I'm sure someone will jump in here, in the next few minutes, with all the answers you desire.  But the owner's manual would probably answer these (and future) questions instantly!  (That black plastic switch in #2 is almost certainly by a past owner.  The dash light is either the high beam, or turn signal indicator.
  • rumblefish351
    rumblefish351 Member
    edited September 2020
    Must be the turn signal because the high beam indicator is a red light on the bottom of the speedometer. 
    Thank you. 
  • The white rheostat controls dash illumination (dim or bright)
  • I don't think any of the other switches are factory.... But I've been wrong before.
  • The light is the turn signal indicator. It flashes for either left hand or right hand turn signals when the T/S lever is activated.   The sub dash right hand side has a cowl vent handle, a dash light dimmer and two non factory  switches/buttons.  The toggle looks to be a former  cabin light switch hooked up to???   Possibly fog lights?   The chrome button switch is also another non factory mystery.   The bakelite 'rooster head' switch appears to be a heater control switch possible because the switch directly above is the factory heater control switch,or possible a radio on off or volume switch. Also, your cigar lighter is not an origional.
  • Outstanding Lance. TY!
    Disappointed about the cigar lighter, but it still works!
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    The chrome pushbutton might be for electric gas cap. It was a Hudson accesory.
    If you have overdrive , someone might have added it for kickdown without having to floor the gas pedal.
    I had both on my 49 Commodore.
    The black add on switch might be for added speaker control? The black toggle is add on
    , trace the wires. 
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I have a Hollywood, and the the little black switch in my car turns on the Courtesy lights. It is in a similar place under my dash. The switch is on the pillar in my sedan.