6 Volt radiator fans no longer being made

7XPacemaker7XPacemaker Posts: 402Senior Contributor

I spoke to the owner of Maradyne last week. I had inquired to see if they would work with a positive ground system. I left a message and the owner called me back. He is a great guy! From what he said, they are the only manufacturer of 6 volt radiator fans (at least in the US). He told me that he is going to discontinue the manufacture of the 6 volt fans because there is not enough of a market for them. Apparently, only about 100 of them are sold per year. I just wanted to let everybody know so they could get one if they would like to before they are gone.

http://www.maradynehp.com/pacesetter-series.html#pace-6V

Comments

• 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 1,948Senior Contributor
    I had a 6V fan that I never used.  It was usable on both + and - ground by just switching the wires.
  • jjbubaboyjjbubaboy Posts: 834Senior Contributor
    I guess the supply/demand theory comes into play there...
    They have a good price too!
    I got mine YEARS ago from Scotts fans and I paid quite a bit more than that for one...
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 1,948Senior Contributor
    I think these are still going to be available as just the old Ford owners use these a lot.  Maradyne might not make there but there are other suppliersl
  • 7XPacemaker7XPacemaker Posts: 402Senior Contributor
    As I said in the initial post- he said that HE is the only manufacturer that makes them in the US. He said that they may come under another label, but they all came from him...
  • 25truck25truck Posts: 8Member
    As I said in the initial post- he said that HE is the only manufacturer that makes them in the US. He said that they may come under another label, but they all came from him...