47 wiper control

40indianssgmailcom
40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
anyone have a photo of the bezel that is on the dash under the control lever?  Preferably not installed so it shows the entire part, nut,washer, etc.  also is their a cross reference to another vehicle?

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Is this possibly an item that's pictured in the '47 parts manual?
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    IIRC I have looked for it but have been unsuccessful, was hoping someone had one laying about and could post a pic or three
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    This is NOT a 1947 wiper knob.  It's for a 1937.  However, the general construction may be similar to the '46-7 models, in that the knob is at the top of the dashboard, and the lever (from the knob) probably turns a lever on top of the vacuum wiper motor.

I am assuming that the whole set-up is missing in your car so at least this would show you a similar setup.

The normal procedure for finding this sort of thing, is to write some of the Hudson vendors who advertise in the WTN, send a photo of what you need, and ask if they might have one of these amongst their parts bins.  If no one in the Forum can supply the photo,  try to find someone with a '46-7 somewhere in your vicinity (check the printed Club roster or the online Club roster) and ask if you can come over and photograph the part on their car.

(Thanks to Gregg Maroney for publishing this photo!)

• 40indianssgmailcom
    Thank you for the photo but I am unsure my mechanism is like that.  I have the lower part that attaches to the vacuum motor and it is quite different.  I think the  upper  in these pics is original but I am looking for the base or bezel and other bits that attaches this to the dash panel