Stepdown radiator shroud

hudsonsplasher1
hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
Has anyone used Speedway for a radiator shroud for there step-down? They show many different ones. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    I bought a Universal V8 Chrome Shroud at a Swap Meet then trimmed slightly for my  '53 Hornet.. A shroud should never totally enclose the Fan.
  • hudsonsplasher1
    Ol racer said:
    I bought a Universal V8 Chrome Shroud at a Swap Meet then trimmed slightly for my  '53 Hornet.. A shroud should never totally enclose the Fan.
    Thanks.
  • First step is changing the 4 blade fan to a 6 blade fan?????????????????
  • hudsonsplasher1
    RichardD said:
    First step is changing the 4 blade fan to a 6 blade fan?????????????????
    Thanks RichardD, do you know where to get one?
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited August 2020
    No! measure what the fan fits over {I forgot} then get a fan the curves backwards like above. You use spacers to adjust to radiator and away from pulleys, etc. Bolts are on a 90 degree spacing so just about any will fit if ends slant backwards and waterpump fitting is snug. I would lean toward early Chrysler products in a junk yard. I did not buy this fan. Perhaps someone else knows, surely~~~ I have had no problem with it.  BTW: hose on left side gets air and directs it toward the fuel pump. You need to do all you can do with A/C etc on these Hudsons: they run hot when idling at 95 degrees outside. Also, make sure the water pump pulley is 5" in diameter, not more than that. Tape up any radiator bypass openings around it and sheet metal, see some of the tape below. I also put scoops below on bottom to catch more air and direct in front of radiator while motoring. You want as much air as possible to go thru radiator not around it.

• hudsonsplasher1
    RichardD said:
    No! measure what the fan fits over {I forgot} then get a fan the curves backwards like above. You use spacers to adjust to radiator and away from pulleys, etc. Bolts are on a 90 degree spacing so just about any will fit if ends slant backwards and waterpump fitting is snug. I would lean toward early Chrysler products in a junk yard. I did not buy this fan. Perhaps someone else knows, surely~~~ I have had no problem with it.  BTW: hose on left side gets air and directs it toward the fuel pump. You need to do all you can do with A/C etc on these Hudsons: they run hot when idling at 95 degrees outside. Also, make sure the water pump pulley is 5" in diameter, not more than that. Tape up any radiator bypass openings around it and sheet metal, see some of the tape below. I also put scoops below on bottom to catch more air and direct in front of radiator while motoring. You want as much air as possible to go thru radiator not around it.

Thanks RichardD, much appreciated.