Driver side front door

door latch diagram,  the latch has come disconnected, car is completely restored by previous owner, i dont want to bother the 80 year old fella, i am proud to own his 20 year restoration.door latch is retracted .. i removes liner but need to see what goes where.... i need schematic of assembly.... SOS please

Comments

• Hi Marius, 

Sorry to hear about your problem. Could you let the forum know some background 
    1. Model of hudson
    2. Year
    Someone will let you know. All years have a mechanic service manual which will solve your problem
    Cheers krn
  • Marius
    Marius Member
    edited August 2020
    1928 essex super six,, the door latch is not popping back out, thus making it sketchy when driving suicide doors :(
    what is the procedure for repairing / removing door latch?
    i have the liner and inside handles out but my rubber arm can't quite feel how it comes apart

• ken1962 said:
    Hi Marius, 

Sorry to hear about your problem. Could you let the forum know some background 
    1. Model of hudson
    2. Year
    Someone will let you know. All years have a mechanic service manual which will solve your problem
    Cheers krn
    where can i find the manuals?
  • well i got the mechanism out,,, took it apart and the spring that keeps latch open is broken... does anyone have a spare mechanism

• well i got the mechanism out,,, took it apart and the spring that keeps latch open is broken... does anyone have a spare mechanism

• Jump onto the website hudson terraplane.com and select motor manuals 
    You'll find all years there 
  • the springs i ordered i thought would work... did not
    so i bought a brazing torch kit at hardware store and did some alterations, now works like a dream
  • picked up a '27 and is now in storage

• here is the '28
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Driver has found answer to his question.  Discussion is closed to further replies.