Driver side front door

MariusMarius Posts: 63Member
door latch diagram,  the latch has come disconnected, car is completely restored by previous owner, i dont want to bother the 80 year old fella, i am proud to own his 20 year restoration.door latch is retracted .. i removes liner but need to see what goes where.... i need schematic of assembly.... SOS please

Comments

• ken1962ken1962 Posts: 297Member
    Hi Marius, 

Sorry to hear about your problem. Could you let the forum know some background 
    1. Model of hudson
    2. Year
    Someone will let you know. All years have a mechanic service manual which will solve your problem
    Cheers krn
  • MariusMarius Posts: 63Member
    edited August 2020
    1928 essex super six,, the door latch is not popping back out, thus making it sketchy when driving suicide doors :(
    what is the procedure for repairing / removing door latch?
    i have the liner and inside handles out but my rubber arm can't quite feel how it comes apart

ken1962 said:
    Hi Marius, 

Sorry to hear about your problem. Could you let the forum know some background 
    1. Model of hudson
    2. Year
    Someone will let you know. All years have a mechanic service manual which will solve your problem
    Cheers krn
    where can i find the manuals?
    well i got the mechanism out,,, took it apart and the spring that keeps latch open is broken... does anyone have a spare mechanism

well i got the mechanism out,,, took it apart and the spring that keeps latch open is broken... does anyone have a spare mechanism

• ken1962ken1962 Posts: 297Member
    Jump onto the website hudson terraplane.com and select motor manuals 
    You'll find all years there 
    the springs i ordered i thought would work... did not
    so i bought a brazing torch kit at hardware store and did some alterations, now works like a dream

picked up a '27 and is now in storage

here is the '28
  • Jon BJon B Posts: 7,224Administrator
    Driver has found answer to his question.  Discussion is closed to further replies.
This discussion has been closed.