Jet twin H

JFromm
JFromm Senior Contributor
Had my carbs rebuilt. The back carb can not be adjusted with the air fuel screw. No matter which way I turn the screw,there is no difference. At idle, if I disconnect wires 4,5 and 6 one at a time, the engine idle stays the same. Also, when I squirt carb cleaner in it, the idle picks up, but carb cleaner in front carb chokes it out. Also I have a vacuum hose coming out the top of the fuel pump that I can't find where it goes. Thought it might be for wipers, but there is another hose from the manifold that goes to the wipers. Help is desperately needed. Haven't been able to drive my car.
Thanks,
John

Comments

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Post a photo of your intake and carbs. it will help. Seems like you have a vacuum leak?
    Intake to block , or an open vacuum line. Maybe the balance tube gasket?
  • JFromm
    Thanks for the insight on what could be wrong. Will investigate further.
  • JFromm
    Kenneth,
    Don't want to divulge name, but he is a member of the club and has been doing carbs for a long time. Fuel does not appear to be squirted into the carb. How do I unblock it?  Thanks for all your help.
    John
  • JFromm
    I finally figured out why the carburetor is not working correctly, it is missing a part. I have requested it and hopefully will receive it soon and can get the car moving!!
    Thanks for all your help.