Heater core removal

Would like some info. on getting the core out of my 54 hornet without doing damage,Thank you,Sacky

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    OK. First of all, drain down the coolant in the system. Then, disconnect all hoses from the water pump and the Ranco heater control valve.  Next, unscrew the 6  phillips head screws that attach to the heater blower box. Disconnect the blower fan motor wire from the wiring harness.    Gently remove blower fan motor box assembly and put to one side. Next gently separate the heater core frame from the plenum it was attached to. . Pull it down from the back and allow the copper pipes to slide back down from the firewall holes. You now have a heater core removed from your Hornet.  Don't be surprised if a lot of leaves etc, drop down with the heater core if it has never been removed before. They have had a long time to accumulate.  Good luck.
  • There should be a break for a beer in between each step that Lance lists...
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    There should be a break for a beer in between each step that Lance lists...
    Hey Mike thats a great idea..6 pack for the 6 steps. Whoda thunk?
  • sacky
    sacky Member
    Well i didnt get to 5-6 beers but i carefully drank a couple and eased that sucker out, and then i realized where the stuffing out of my seats ended up,always wondered what in the world happined to all of it,now the mystery is over,Thank You again all!! Sacky