Wanted: 1939 112 gas tank

7XPacemaker
7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
I would like to find a gas tank for my 112. The prior owner had a tank made (no baffles) and utilized the factory filler portion. I could probably use any 39 tank and graph my neck on it to make it work.

Comments

• ajet
    ajet Member
    An old post ...
    1. New Gas Tank for 39s!

DirtyDave
      by DirtyDave · January 2016
      For all of you, like me, that want to put a square peg in a round hole here is a solution to a 76 year old small gas tank. On my 39 112 Coupe I am using a NEW 1956 TBird tank available for $136 shippe

• ajet
    ajet Member
    Try  tbird   in the search box upper right   ....
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    New Gas Tank for 39s! posted by Dirty Dave saved me I had the 56 T Bird tank put in my 36 Terraplane with some mods that Perry Spring did for me I also had an extra hole put in the top of the tank with a plug put in it so at some time I may want to put in a return line in the car I all ready have a hole for it these tanks are great thanks Dave for posting this when you did Tom Lynch.
  • 7XPacemaker

WOW! Thanks guys!

• 7XPacemaker
    looks like Dirty Dave bought my Father's old 112..
  • I don't know if you ever found a gas tank but I have one for a 1939 that I would sell it to you for what I paid for it $100. I am the guy with the splasher engine. Let me know.
  • 7XPacemaker
    I just fit  up a universal tank to work in my '39. If you want to see pictures of the setup, look under "let's talk about late thirties gas tanks".