Hill Hold

Val
Val Member
edited June 2020 in HUDSON
The hill hold for cars, does anyone have one these for a 1937-39?  

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Suppose someone purchased a NOS Hill Holder for (let's say) a '41.  Could one adapt it to an earlier model by custom-fabricating a longer / shorter linkage?  Or were the differences between different years, much more substantial?
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks Ken l will email him. JonB that's a good question. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    There are multiple hill holders on eBay.  Some used, some pieces, marked as fitting other makes...albeit application is most likely based on interface versus function.  Use hill holder as the search criteria... scan past the other stuff to see the actual hill holders. 
  • Val
    Val Member
    Glowplug said:
    There are multiple hill holders on eBay.  Some used, some pieces, marked as fitting other makes...albeit application is most likely based on interface versus function.  Use hill holder as the search criteria... scan past the other stuff to see the actual hill holders. 
    I checked ebay, saw a lot of line lock kits, don't know if that is exactly the same and the hill holders I saw that you mentioned are Studebaker. But I agree its more likely the fit more so than function
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks for the pic Ken, I did reach out to Sheldon. Waiting to hear back
  • Val
    Val Member
    KenU-Tx, I am buying a hill hold from Sheldon. Could use your advice as to installing on my 39 six