Looking for 36-57 Hudson

Looking for 36-57 two door preferably will consider amazing four door. Deep regret over two I missed out on last auction season. No projects please. I will not live long enough to finish the ones I have. Thank You 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited June 2020
    Where are you located? Also, are you looking for a fixer-upper?  A nice number 3?  Or something you can win trophies with, in a car show?
  • I’m in SoCal. My storage/ shop is in Arizona willing to ship or travel for the right car. Forgive my ignorance Jon but a three on what scale.? Looking for a driver to show on occasion. Minor mechanical issues not a problem but looking rust free cosmetically sharp
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Three on a scale of Five.  "5" being a parts car only; "4" being "restorable" but non running; "3" is a wide range, running from barely running with lots of rust, to something you'd be proud to put in a car show (but "do not judge"); "2" an older restoration or beautiful original condition, and "1" being a freshly-restored car (or an original one right out of the time capsule, with 10 miles on the odometer).

"Three" is the most common category because it takes up such a wide range.  Sounds like you want either a high "3", or a "2".
  • Yes! I have always wanted a Hudson since I was a teen hanging out at Bill Albrights place bugging the heck out of him . Hudson values have historically high but( except for step down hornets) have come down a bit lately. I missed out( due to me dealing with some issues) on a  beautiful 56 hardtop and a stepdown pacemaker at auction last year that sold at great prices . I’m kicking myself and have started the search!!
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Join the HET club and you can have a lot of Hudsons to choose from in the classifieds!  Everything from teens to the end of the line '57s.
  • Yes I have joined( rejoined after a 35 year absence) looking forward to finding our Hudson!
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    Don't be in too much of a hurry to buy a Hudson. Especially since you've not limited yourself to a certain model or certain year or two.   

This is probably a good time to be looking as many of us begin to "thin our herds" as we get older and perhaps less capable to manage and work on old cars.  As the years go on, it'll probably be even more of a "buyers market" as more vintage cars of all makes are being sold by their owners thus improving the pickings and prices.   
  • Yes indeed. My observations at the last few auctions I have attended have seen a decline in prices for orphan makes. A beautiful Kaiser Virginian hardtop that sold for 39k five years ago sold for 14k at Barret Jackson last January. I have been lucky enough to have owned Nash Studebaker Rambler Packard Frazer Kaiser AMC. My love has been Hudson but the prices kept me from getting one. The Hornets and convertibles will always hold their price. Hoping for a good 2 point or 3++ point coupe or hardtop. Of course an amazing four door would be considered 
  • This one is may be an example of just what Railknight was referring to: 

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/hudson/hornet/2398063.html

Looks good in the daylight.
  • I emailed the owner for more details on the paint and body. Is anyone in the club familiar with this car??
  • I've never seen that one before, but that's clearly a HET tag on the plate frame. 
  • 50C8DAN
    Is that '50 pacemaker that was on here a few weeks ago still available.  Very nice resto for $11K or sol
  • haven’t seen it. Where can I find it??
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited June 2020
    THIS '50 Pacemaker?

(Frank, to see all the Hudsons that have been offered for sale on this forum, simply open "Classifieds" / "Vehicles", on the menu at left.)
  • Dan may have been thinking of that Texas Tan Wasp a while back. That was a great looking restoration, but it's long gone. I think it was 11k OBO.
  • any thoughts on this car?? Thank you
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    #733868 appears to have been owned, at least sometime in the past, by M.D. Thomas of Carmel, Indiana (suburb of Indianapolis).  Possibly some of our longtime Hoosier club members might know of this car.
  • thank you 
  • Frank, check your PM. I sent you a dealer suggestion that has some inventory.
  • 50C8DAN
    No I was referring to this one.  Scroll down to see the one that is white top brown bottom, fully restored, beauty!  https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/comment/232877#Comment_232877

• Yes, that's the one. For some reason I thought it was a wasp, not a pacemaker. I'm pretty sure that sold, though. You're right Dan, hell of a deal.