outside door rear view mirrors

duncan
duncan Expert Adviser
I have been looking for these mirrors that Hudson used new and exclusive rear view mirrors parts and pieces to make 2 mirrors but to no avail. So I finely bought 2 mirrors from Paul Schuster .They look good but hopefully they will owrk on passenger side. Any suggestions on installation.  Ray

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    He usually includes a template for installation. I have installed a couple sets of his mirrors.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited June 2020
    Have someone hold the right one on and make sure it will turn CCW enough so you can see the right side of the car.  Mine are not his {?? didn't install these} but using a WalMart cheater piece to see out back( also have backup camera located on the rear tag screw.)
    Edit: The mirror would not turn far enough to see straight back; the cheater is made with angle cut on back; not just a convex, and is 4.5" as I remember.A good solution is the backup camera located above the 'first 3'; monitor on caddy on hump. Camera works in 2 modes, 1: on continously, 2: on only in reverse.

• ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser

Scott Drake does make a mirror for a 65 mustang with the convex mirror already in it.  A little pricey, but an option.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-exterior-mirror-standard-passenger-side-with-convex-glass-1965-1966/p/ME1SR/