52 Wasp radio

Would anyone out there have a radio for 52 wasp with all knobs.

thanks

Comments

• I have several and restore them as a member of an alabama restoration society specializing in car and table tube radios. if you just need knobs, I have those,too.
  • Thanks for the quick reply.
    I need the whole box and dice. Have just purchased A 5w wasp and want to install correct radio. 
    Thank you

Steven
  • let me make sure of year. if you have a picture it would help. i know 54 radios have square buttons. 51-53 have round. i do not have any 48-50. let me look too.
  • It is definitely a 52. No radio in at the moment
    Thanks
    Steven
  • i will try to test my radios tomorrow to find best one. let you know asap. will send pics,too.
  • Thanks so much. Wouldn't have correct aerial as well would you?
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    stevepet said:
    Thanks so much. Wouldn't have correct aerial as well would you?
    Those are easy to find but you will need to drill a hole in the roof. 21st Century Hudson sells new antennas but you would need to get knob assembly and wire.

• Thanks.
    What do you mean by knob assembly.
    Steven
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    I believe ski's is talking about this knob and assembly that control swinging the antenna up and down

• Thank you so much
  • Anyone have a knob assembly?
  • I also have a knob assembly
  • Brilliant 
    Wait to hear from you regarding radio.
  • will be checking them out this weekend. will get you the best.
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    I have a 50 Pacemaker (short wheelbase). I believe the radio is shorter in length than the radios in the full size Hudsons, less room between the heater box and the dash.  I don't know if there is a difference in the 52 Wasp radios or not.  Someone that knows for sure may chime in here.
  • Hello horse any updates on radio?
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    nawp, short wheelbase differences were all in front of the firewall.

• hosea 13 sorry on mispelling