Fabulous Hudson

ratlee2
ratlee2 Expert Adviser
While social disrancing on lunch eating a sub sandwich, I had two different people ask if my 53 was a mercury.  I replied, nope, it is a Hudson.  One persons response was it's fabulous.  I guess Hudson's marketing department was onto something after all.

Comments

• schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    Haha, that's awesome.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    I was at a "cruise night" a few years ago and someone had a '49 Mercury with a sign in the window that read, "No, it's not a Hudson."
  • Lol. Railknight, that's funny. I imagine before the movie Cars, that owner didn't need the sign.
  • Val
    Val Member
    That is awesome! My 39 gets mistaken for a ford sometimes. When I tell them no, its a Hudson  that sparks a conversation.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    Well the other standard lines you get are:   How much did you chop the top?    Ummmm it came that way from the factory.. No it couldn't have.   Um yes it did.  Next question:  Who made Hudson?     Well Hudson made Hudson ( look of deer in the headlights)  
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I get the question about my '28 Essex "What year is your Model A?"    Or "My dad had one exactly like that, it was a  Ford!   And people would look at the "Hudson Super Six" badge on my '29 H and then ask "Is it a straight eight?"
  • Val
    Val Member
    Lance said:
    Well the other standard lines you get are:   How much did you chop the top?    Ummmm it came that way from the factory.. No it couldn't have.   Um yes it did.  Next question:  Who made Hudson?     Well Hudson made Hudson ( look of deer in the headlights)  
    You are correct, I had a guy tell me he had a car just like mine, a 39 ford. And I have gotten the who makes Hudson a few times and the deer in the headlights look when I tell them Hudson made Hudson. Or I say Detroit made Hudson's.  
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    That would inflame me if someone mixed up an Essex for, of all cars, a "run of the mill" Model A!  

I find that the best way to handle any confusion over "Hudson made Hudson" is to ask the perplexed individual what kind of car they have.  If they respond, for example, "a Toyota," then ask them, "Well, who made your Toyota?"  That usually sets the record straight.