49 Straight 8 engine and transmission for sale...

Hi... first post....I have just pulled the engine and transmission out of my 49 Commodore.... engine isn’t frozen but has a cracked head...I also have a new water pump and fuel pump with it....I live in Minnesota...and would rather not ship...3 speed transmission is available also... if interested let me know Thanks!!! Berry

Comments

• hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    What are you asking for it?
  • Berry
    Berry Member
    To be honest I’m thinking about $700.... I have the receipt for the new water pump at $120 or so.... but if I’m way off let me know...I can give you serial numbers or what ever you request... Thanks... Berry.... just trying to help pay for the motor I am putting in... it came out of a numbers matching car
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Sounds fair enough, I'm in Michigan, wish I was closer.
  • Berry
    Berry Member
    I forgot to mention I also have 2 starters for it also.... :)..... radiator.... everything in the pics.... and probably the rear end also... not sure on pricing that.....
  • Berry
    Berry Member

And this just out....3 speed ...seems to work.....
  • Berry
    Berry Member
    Ok guys and gals... no biters.... so time to strip it down.... small stuff I will ship but not the block..... anyone needed let me know...
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Unless you're in a real rush, it might pay you to advertise this in the Hudson club's magazine, The White Triangle News.  This probably reaches more folks than the forum does (because a lot of Club people still don't do computers).  Won't cost you a cent if you work through an existing member like me.  However, the deadline for the next issue is August 1 for the Sept.-Oct. issue.  If you're interested, contact me at xxxdetailed@verizon.net, drop the xxx before sending.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I am pretty sure someone would like this engine as H8s are hard to come by.  I agree with Jon, put it in the WTN or have someone put it on the HET forum.  A lot of guys on this forum are full up with stuff, but occasionally a newbie comes by.
  • Berry
    Berry Member
    Thank you guys....I know these are a little hard to find.... but I would like to see it all go to someone who needs it...I will try and get the listing to you this weekend after I get off the road....Thank you all for being so nice.....Berry
  • Hello, Is this engine still available?   Don  740-816-4284
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    Hudsy Wudsy Senior Contributor
    I have a cast iron head for this engine and also live in Minnesota. I can also come up with an overdrive transmission for it as well.