Stepdown rockers

GrimGreaser
GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
I know, unlikely anymore...  but I could use some rockers for my '52 Sedan.  Or at least usable front sections, say 24-30" or so?  Starting down the road of repairing mine, just seeing if I can save a bit of effort.

Comments

• schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    schillaz said:

Those are actually for 54. They are mis-marked on the website.I ordered them hoping the picture was wrong. I told them but they didn't seem to care.
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser
    I have a pair listed on the club website, I think they're for a sedan. The add is probably buried by now but I think I included pictures. I picked em up at an estate sale a couple years ago.
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    It's under "looking for a part" heading from August of last year...I answered a request for parts. I can repost pictures here if you like but I'll have to dig the parts out. I couldn't find my add, I went back 20 pages to 2017 and gave up. 
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Here are the pictures from the club forum. They are both passenger side
  • GrimGreaser
    Thanks Don - Snowshoe, I sent you a message
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Grim, you might also check with Al Saffrahn in AZ.
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    Are coup and sedan rockers the same length?  Ken, your right if the tag is correct on the bottom one, it says (handwritten) 501, 502 among 48 & 49 models.
  • i think I have one for a 51-53 sedan. get length and I'll see.
  • GrimGreaser
    91' OAL for a long wheel-base car
  • Dang boy, that’s a long rocker at 91 feet...?
  • GrimGreaser
    Can't trust these fancy pocket supercomputers and their tiny keyboards 
  • GrimGreaser
    Well, no luck with Al or Stu. I have another line out, so we'll see. If a guy was desperate - could coupe rockers have the sedan bits added without too much trouble?
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Wasn't there someone in VT that used to make repos.  They weren't perfect but sections could be used.