Hudson weather vane

Some time ago, I found a weather vane at a swap meet, that was made in the likeness of a Step-Down Hudson.  It had a few bullet holes, which I patched, and then I was able to restore it to the color of our Hudson Hornet.  Have written an article about the acquisition and restoration of this vane, which will hopefully be published soon in the White Triangle.  Does anyone else out there have a similar vane, or know anything about the manufacturing of these vanes back in the day?  Am attaching a couple of photos for your viewing.... enjoy!

Comments

• VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Don't know anything about the Weather Vane, except it would LQQK Great on top of my Garage.  Thanks for sharing YOUR Weather Vane. 
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited May 2020
    Fantastic Find!  Great looking weather vane!
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    BEAUTIFUL!
  • Thanks guys.... I am absolutely delighted with it's appearance, but wonder how many were made, or  who produced them?  Certainly unusual, at least in our neck of the woods.  ken 
  •  Maybe you could have the Hudson part cast in aluminum and offer them for sale?
  • I never thought of that, but I bet that they would sell like hotcakes.  Unfortunately, where I live, (in central British Columbia, Canada), I am not aware of any aluminum casting facilities.  Certainly an interesting thought though.  I do love the looks of it, and it works very well, with only the slightest breeze required to make it move.  Have a good one! kj