1933 Terraplane Eight dual carb

Guess what, it won't fit under the hood.  Unless you do some alterations. :)

Comments

• bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    The idea is to make it all look stock from the outside.  No bubble on the side of the hood or anything like that.  After the intake was modified a little bit, the last hood door still hit the front carb.
  • bent metal
    The hood side didn't really hit, just the stuff that is needed to make that last door open and close.  So, the front hood door was made stationary, yet still look stock, in closed position.
  • bent metal
    Here is a picture of the hood on and assembled.  The front hood vent door does not open, but looks like the other doors in closed possition.  Everything fit under the hood.

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Now thats a way cool thing of beauty!
    Great work as always.
    Jeff
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    I hope we get to see the completion of this build once you've done your bit. Or are you there right through on this project?
  • Beautiful work. By the way is that 8 highly modified with a pressure fed crank ? 
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    The exhaust manifold looks like something I’ve seen on the European str8 Hudson.  Looks like it resolves the issue the original U.S. exhaust manifold had of working with that dual carb Edmunds intake.  I wonder what that distributor is & was used in before this application?
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    I see the paint could be a facsimile of the early metallic paints used too.