Glad to be back

MickeyBMickeyB Posts: 9Member
Feels like putting on an old pair of comfy slippers.  Lots of memories with the club.  Started back in the 70s with the purchase of a '46 Super Six 3 pass coupe... Real little old ladies car, bought from her son.  Car had 45,000 miles.  Before seeing it, I couldn't have told you what a '46 Hudson looked like.  My only experience with Hudson's was a neighbors step down when I was a kid.  Joined the club right away and found many friends.  Next came a junk yard rescue of a '46 convert.  It was in such bad shape, Charlie Regnerus (hope you knew him, great guy) suggested we use the coupe to do the convert.  Found a pair of doors in PA. and we put the car together.  Turned out a really nice Nepal Ivory/brown interior convert.  Sold at auction in Detroit.  Bought a '47 Super Six convert from Hemmings in Mass.  Had it trucked to Michigan and spent 18 years restoring it.  Think it turned out nice.  Gun Metal Gray/blue interior.  Car and I (wife too) moved to Albuquerque in 1993, car was finished there.  Club there was very active too.  Sold at auction in Scottsdale AZ in 1999.  In between these 2 cars I had a '53 Jet 4 door, daily driver, '46 Super Six 2 door sedan that I was restoring but sold before finishing, and a '33 Terraplane coupe that was found in a local garage.  Amazing condition!  As I was doing the convert, I just got the Terraplane running and sold it to a club member.
     I just put a note on here the other day asking if anyone has any information on the gray convert.  I am very curious as to where it might be now.  Hard to believe it just disappeared.  I did manage to contact the guy that bought it at the auction in Scottsdale.  He had a small museum in WI. but broke it up and sold the Hudson to a car dealer near him.  Last he heard "someone had ruined the engine by running the wrong fuel in it" but he had no idea where it was.  I don't want it back but would love to know where it is.  Also for that matter, the ivory convert was supposed to be in some private museum in Michigan.  Never seen that one either.
       Thanks for letting me walk down memory lane, I do see a couple familiar names here but as I am 78 years old, I'm thinking a lot of the old timers are gone.  

Mike Corless
Rochester Hills, MI

Comments

• onerare39onerare39 Posts: 1,044Expert Adviser, Moderator
    If you by chance have the serial number of the car we can search the club database to see if its listed in there.
  • MickeyBMickeyB Posts: 9Member
    Excellent suggestion!  Here's the serial number for the '47 - 17118344
    Last seen in Wisconsin.
    Mike,

The current club roster lists 10, 1947 Super Six 171 convertibles. Eight of the ten list serial numbers but none match.  Of the other two without serial numbers listed one is condition 3 and the last one is condition 1, which is located in Mount Vernon, Ohio.  The roster information does not list the color of the cars.  I will try to contact him to see if it's gun metal gray with blue interior.

John Forkner  
    Thanks for that John, appreciate it!
    Mike,

No luck there.  His was always a California car and purchased it from Bill Albright.

Keep putting feelers out there, hopefully someone knows where it is.

John Forkner
    Thanks John, appreciate the effort.