Removal of Master Cylinder?

I’m working on removing my factory master cylinder on my 37 coupe & I’ve got lines off & the 3 bolts loose.   My question is can I just pull it straight out or is there another part to disassemble?  

I believe this the end of the rod that goes into the master cylinder & do I need to disconnect this end?

Comments

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    I found a broken spring attached to the frame which I’m wondering if it belongs to the blue circled area?

• BigSky
    Still trying to get this pin out with no luck.  My torch catches something on fire & soaking it for 2 days + hasn’t helped.  I can’t figure out how to get a bar on it without buggering up the bottom side of the pin.   Any ideas?

• That should just be a clevis pin as far as I know. It is on my 46 truck. I had a lot of trouble getting them out when I went through my brake system. Grabbing them with vice grips and spinning them back and forth slowly is what worked in the end. That and a lot of PB. Eventually they would spin, at which point I was finally able to get them all out.

• BigSky
    I swear to God, everything is this way with my Hudson.... always a fight & something little blows up into something else 12 times as large. 

In hindsight I’m beginning to seriously think I should have just dismantled the whole dam car!