I'm Done

JasonNC
JasonNC Expert Adviser
Got my issue of the WTN today and due to the article on 1949, I'm out of here.  It's been real nice being a part of the HET club, but I really don't belong.  You guys take care.  

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    for those of us still waiting on our issue to arrive what happened?

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited May 2020
    Just read the "1949, The way it Was" story in the latest WTN.  Don't see any issues other than one error, perhaps a typo, and that is under "Significant 1949 events included:"  It says "A B-52 Superfortress completes the first non-stop around the world flight by refueling in the air four times."  Actually it was a Boeing B-50A Superfortress named "Lucky Lady II" that made the first non-stop around the world flight.  The Boeing B-52 Stratofortress would not fly until 1952.  
  • 2manyprojects
    ken can you post the photo here ? thanks
  • Jason, why don’t you think you belong? HET people seem to be the most down to earth people around. 
  • All this has something related to the Hudson or other vehicle,  except Memphis trucks???
  • 2manyprojects
    that is the way it was in 1949 glad it changed.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Far as I can see, the newspaper referred to one of the several events listed as happening during 1949 in the sidebar of the WTN article: Jackie Robinson named M.V.P., DeHaviland Comet was first jet-powered airliner, all-steel station wagons, B-52 Superfortress, Hopalong Cassidy TV show debut, etc.  D.J. Kava also used to list non-Hudson events in his "90 Years Ago" column, to provide a setting for the period. 
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    I've deleted the photos and closed this discussion, none of this is relevant to this group as far as I can see. JasonNC has decided that he wants to leave the HET because of something in the WTN, he doesn't explain why (his choice) and anything else is pure conjecture.