1947 Hudson grille

I have decided to repaint all four fenders on my ‘47 pickup.  When I restored the truck 23 years ago I painted the sheet metal pieces of the grille at the end all black. I have since been told that this is incorrect, and that part of this piece should be body color.  As long as I’m painting the fenders, I might as well correct this error.So my question is: where is the break between body color and black?  Is it right on the corner?  I googled images of ‘47 front ends, but none showed me the detail I needed.  Thanks in advance. Tom

Comments

• 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    When I paint mine in the coming month I will paint those body color as well as the inner fender panels.  No black paint at all
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    From the factory, black grill extends almost to the tips of the grill bars. Notice the raised areas near the tips ?  This is the break between black and body color.  Will try to post picture if I can find by sample .
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Here is pic of grill extension piece showing "break" line between black grill and Gun metal gray body color. Disregard the beige primer.
  • Ah. Excellent. That picture is exactly what I needed. Thank you.  Tom