Windshield Wiper arm tension is weak

Rob Fayette
Rob Fayette Expert Adviser
What are the alternatives to getting the windshield wiper arms to have enough force against the windshield on a 51 Pacemaker?  Can the tensioning springs be replaced and is there a source for them?  What replacement arms will fit on a step down and what is a good source for them?  I found this source for 48-52 Ford pickups from Macs; will they work? 
https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_truck_late/ford-pickup-truck-windshield-wiper-arm-wrist-type-stainless-steel-body-and-arm-with-chrome-drive-housing-right-or-left.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp48-17923-1&sc_intid=48-17923-1&gclid=CjwKCAjw7e_0BRB7EiwAlH-goLORm7j7AcIhwZ8tUW_amP1DvRduao0I16p8zRLGpy38h1i1GC-Y3xoC7EIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks a lot for any advice.
Rob

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Rob:  I have tightened the springs by removal and resetting the connection point a bit... ie bending the spring hook.   Also, the arms are prone to bending themselves.  If they are bent in towards the windshield glass the tension on the blade to glass is increased.  Good Luck  Ken Cates
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    Rob, I have those springs. No need to buy new wiper arms. 704 792 911zero