Screen in air scoop of a 1923 Hudson

Does anyone know how to secure a screen in the air scoop of a 1923 Hudson.
It does not look like there was one as original equipment as I find no evidence of one.
Robert

Comments

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited April 2020
    You could use flexible fabric mosquito netting, etc. over outlets(if hidden) in interior or in interior hoses. I do not know what all ducting looks like but surely that would work and keep out bumble bees, etc !! I surely wouldn't want a bumble bee coming in with me either. Stay safe~~~~
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    You might look at screen door material.  It is available both plastic and metal.  Fine brass screen is also available and could be soldered to a small frame to fit in the opening
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    My 28 Essex has a similar ventilation scoop which is often open. I've never had an insect intrusion over many years of driving. Are you anticipating a hypothetical problem which won't occur?
  • I live in Louisiana this is where we grow insects.....all kinds, all year around.
    I do have a fine screen material I got from Restoration Supply but thought maybe someone had a novel way to attach it.  I like the idea of making a small frame.
    Robert