Corona Virus

Trevor J
Trevor J Expert Adviser
We are all locked down in NewZealand for a month due to the virus.  Only allowed to go out for essential items.
So many projects where to start

Comments

• Same here in Australia. Its great to spend time doing the tasks usually bored to do... We can leave home to do essential shopping so my hudson now enjoys a short trip to and fro from the shops.... Best of all the roads are like the 1930s cheers ken
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Staying home and healthy. Working on my Garage "Man Cave". Start up the Hudson's and drive around the block.  So what Honey Do's are you working on to stay busy? VicTor and Teri Z. SO. CAL. 
  • drivergo2
    drivergo2 Expert Adviser
    Staying in here in Portland Oregon 2weeks now my immune system is poor, my hudson at are summer place on the dry side. Oh well sort out the tool box move the wood pile and stay out of harms way”my wife”. Everyone stay safe  John 
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Nice looking bunch and corral to boot Trevor J
  • Going to try and finish the front suspension on the 54 this weekend , and make sure we are ready for the rain that's coming.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Putting the front back on a '36 H8.  Spray the weeds, go for a walk, read the paper.  Hey, life seems pretty normal!
  • Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    Rebuilding the motor in the 30 Hudson Brougham, got the crank back yesterday can start reassembly no rush to get done.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Painted the body, guards, doors and all the smaller parts on my 37T over last 2 weeks. Will never do 2pak again. Car will keep me busy for a few months. Disapointed the Gov doesnt talk about and encourage people to improve their immune systems.
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Fixing the Differential for my 38 Terraplane.  plenty to do
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Polishing the car for the "nth" time here in the UK...
    Stay well, all.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Wishing I hadn't sold my '39 112 so I had something to polish here in the UK :)

Ah well in the meantime , when work allows, I'm redesigning the HET Club Web Site 
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Thank You PAUL for the work and time YOU do for the HUDSON CLUB.
  • Im essential personal at a Kenworth dealership so I drive my 50 Super 6 twice a week to work, 70 mile round trip each time. Also since I have 8 Hudsons, I’m still pondering on which one to dive into. 
  • That is an awesome barn and beautiful cars!

With all this extra time on my hands, I got a welder and am going to get started teaching myself how to weld so I can eventually complete some body work needed for my 46 pickup. It's a lot harder than it looks, that is for sure! 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Still locked down in NewZealand so had a picnic in the garage. Great company and views over the harbor and Dunedin City
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Looks like a beautiful day Trevor.It snowed here in Ontario last night.

• Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Sounds cold.  We are just coming into Autumn so I guess the cold weather is just around the corner 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Hard to believe so much time has passed since you were here.  Not sure when we will be able to travel again due to current climate
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Finally got started on putting on my ABS disc brake kit that I have had for a couple of years.  Plenty of time to get things done now.
  • 53hud54
    53hud54 Member
    edited April 2020
    Can't get the cars out yet, snowed 6" last night and stay at home order so here's something different, got out my '65 Sears-Roebuck 5-speed spyder bike and got rid of 40-some years of dust. Now on the hunt for original tires, then I'll see if a 65 year old can still ride a 55 year old, bike that is. Sorry for double image, can't get rid of one.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Cool. I was going clean my old bike too. I just bought a correct seat for it (which cost 5 times more than the bike was when it was new!).
  • I'm looking for the correct brake handle to match mine, nephew "borrowed" years ago, if anyone has one lying around. Looks like yours has the Shimano shifter and same dual rear brake as mine
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    A HET club member sells vintage bike stuff on eBay   - plug in this name : sell_all_his_stuff
    I am not the seller.