SMS upholstery

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
I find this is a very good company to deal with.

SMS just sent email out, they are having a 19% off sale. Might be a good time to get your upholstery needs taken care of.
COVID-19 update: Announcing our first sale EVER!

Announcing our first sale ever!

In these unique times, there's a lot of uncertainty and confusion all over the world. We want the classic car community to know that we're still here and we're going to get through this with you.

Local government restrictions put in place to minimize the COVID-19 outbreak have limited the amount of workers we can have in our building, and will likely limit our manufacturing and order fulfillment, but we are still open for business!

In fact, we've been in business for 43 years, and we have NEVER once had a sale on all of our products. That's exactly what we're announcing today. From now until the time we are allowed to resume full operations, we are offering19% off of all products when you place a new order and mention this email.

Comments

• Good to know!
  • J Lombard
    J Lombard Member
    edited March 2020
    Does anyone know the amount of material needed to do a '53 4 dr Hornet?

J Lombard
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Just be very careful. Their product is great. I ordered material for my 1949 Step down they told me they had it in stock I paid for it up front and it took me just on two years to get it. I heard every excuse in the book very difficult to deal with.
  • I went through the same process, If I had known I would have used leather instead.
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor

Same thing here. I paid up front and it took almost a year and a half to get my upholstery. I ordered extra for my 51 and don't have any use for it now but was scared that I would have to go through the process again if I didn't have enough!

• Hey guys - I get it. Sometimes SMS disappoints in the speed of filling some ones order. But keep in mind they make the reproduction of 1000's of fabrics to do an authentic restoration of your interior. I am very happy with the fabric supplied for my '51 Pacemaker. I guess I was lucky as they were able to supply it in a timely manner. And, where else would you go? Good to be aware that timelines could be long if you hit them just wrong, but they make good stuff. 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Hey Mike I agree with you re the product.  All I would have liked during my whole experience with them was to be up front.  If they don't have it say so and don't promise what they cant deliver. Just saying
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Perhaps the next time someone wants to order see if others in the HET are also interested so more could be ordered in one lot?

• ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    When I did my 50 Pacemaker I was fortunate that a run had already been done for another member who had given me the heads up so my order was shipped very promptly. 
    Totally agree with 50C8DAN.