1936 Terraplane radiator

The radiator tins attached to the radiator on a 1936 Terraplane, play a big part in getting everything to line up later on when you are doing assembly.  I have heard stories of guys taking a radiator to have a new core put in and after they install the new radiator they can never get the front sheet metal to line up right, or the hood doesn't latch right.  This is a jig I made up to hold the tins in the original position.  The jig locates the mounting base holes and height, the side tins that locate the grill shell, and the hood latch bracket.  Made in two pieces so the radiator can be removed.  But when bolted together the jig keeps the front mounting points lined up with the side, etc..

Comments

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    And that is why I should have driven to California to have you work on my radiator instead of the butcher of Billings (Montana)!
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Sorry to hear about your set back BigSky.  You are not the first person to trust that the radiator shop will be careful and put things back together the way it was.  This radiator was sent about eight hundred miles away to a very well know radiator manufacturer.  But I don't trust anyone to take the time to line up all of the tins, so I did it myself.  I tried to cover all of the bases, so to speak.  Hopefully I thought of everything.  Got my fingers crossed for good luck. :)