"Hudson Super Six Motorcars" and other Hudson Yahoo Groups...

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited January 2020 in HUDSON
I'm curious: has Yahoo effectively ended these groups (so that they are now only a mail group)?  If so, does someone need to explain the new arrangement at the "front page" of the groups, so that potential new group members will know how to join?

This would seem to affect the Yahoo groups "Hudson Super Six Motorcars",  "All Essex Automobiles", and "For Hudson fans inc. Terra. 8 & Railton".  (There was also a Hudson Truck group but that link doesn't seem to work.)

Incidentally, Yahoo says: "... all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. We will continue to process requests to download your content as long as they are submitted by January 31, 2020."

So, it looks like all the good information that was available for all to see online, has disappeared, but may at least be downloaded (for posterity) if someone contacts Yahoo by January 31.

If you manage any of these groups -- or have started another newsgroup or forum about Hudsons that is not yet linked to the H-E-T's homepage -- please contact me so we can update the homepage links.  xxxterraplane@verizon.net (delete the xxx before mailing).

Comments

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Jon,

They have and watch this space :) Aaron has downloaded all that he can and I am currently working on moving that data into an Open Forum type group so it can carry on being hosted from within the hetclub.org domain.

Roster somewhat curtailed work on that but it will pick up pace in the next week or so.

As soon as I have completed the migration I'll ping you a link to have a look at. There will be bits that won't be pretty because Yahoo did use a lot of internal hooks that I can't utilise but , so far, I think it looks good 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Oh!  I was completely unaware that the Club was attempting to retrieve this information before it disappeared forever!  Excellent!  (Do you and Aaron ever sleep?) 

Will this signify the end of the several Hudson Yahoo groups, or will we continue to list their links at the H-E-T website?  It sounds like the individual groups will still have some sort of presence at Yahoo, but new members can join only by invitation, and all communication between group members will be done via e-mail.