Hudson in the Irishman

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
edited December 2019 in HUDSON
I did not see this movie, but a friend of mine did and said that the Hudson in it looked great.  So I looked it up an here it is.  I am sure this probably is an HET member's?  Although I own a Hornet coupe, I still think the stepdown sedan was probably the best proportioned and looking sedan of the post-war era.  They pulled this off without computers, CAD or other tools used for design today.  I like it just as it came from the factory, no sunvisor, no spotlights to clutter the lines.  The black on black also adds to the striking beauty of the overall design.

Comments

• AnnaCarin
    AnnaCarin Member
    edited December 2019
    So beautiful! A dark-colored 1951 hornet sedan definitely ticks all my boxes.
    I too like the uncluttered look best - I'd skip the door handle scratch guards and gas door guard as well.
    Sorry I can't answer your question!
  • Looks very similar to the Hudson that shows up consistently in background shots in the Amazon Prime series “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” which is set in the late ‘50s and early’60s.

• I have I have that exact car in my collection waiting for restoration, factory Ebony black, Twin-H and hydro