Hudson Essex dealer plate

railknight
railknight Expert Adviser
Found this for sale on eBay.  If it's an original (versus reproduction), the price doesn't seem too bad.  Might make a nice "stocking stuffer" for someone just in time for Christmas. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-Dealer-Dashboard-Brass-Plate-HUDSON-ESSEX-Plattsburgh-NY/184014874977?hash=item2ad8242961:g:kn8AAOSw1mZduZtm

Comments

• It sold, but yes would be nice to have for a stocking stuffer. Sure would like to find one from CW Hammond in Alameda CA. 
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    I just bought the plate - expect it in a few days - any history on this early Hudson/Essex dealer ? I believe there is a book listing the Hudson dealers through the years. Gert Kristiansen
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited December 2019
    Wow!  It sold pretty quick.  Gert, you're referring to the book, "Your Hometown Hudson Dealer" by Sheldon P. Rody and Sarah D. Young.  I have a copy (1st edition) and all it says for the Church & Morhous (could be Morkous), Inc. Hudson dealer is "1920s" under dates (in business).  

Dan
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    Thank you Dan for the information as I don't have the book you refer to. Merry Christmas.