Iso 1929 Hudson Essex hood pass door ect

clifford
clifford Member
edited November 2019 in Parts & Pieces
Hello all. I recently picked up a 1929 Hudson Essex and am looking for some parts. Looking for a hood passenger side door. Light bar and head lights.  Also need engine and trans Please let me know if you have any of this you are willing to sell 

thanks 
cliff

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited November 2019
    Welcome to the Hudson Open Forum, Clifford!  And congratulations on your purchase.  

I'm sure someone will jump in here with some suggestions of where to look for the parts you need.  It would be helpful to know your rough location; someone (with 1929 parts or expertise) might discover they live near you, and thus might be more motivated to contact you.

As you may know by now, in 1929 Essex was the #3 best-selling car in America.  So, although parts are not as easy to find as those for a Model A Ford, they're out there.  You just have to know where to look.

I don't know if you are already a member of the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club (which sponsors this forum, as well as another forum on their website), but if you intend to hold onto your Essex you might want to consider joining.  There's a great network of Hudson and Essex owners who are invaluable when you're looking for technical information, and the bi-monthly magazine (The White Triangle News) features a lot of ads for parts.  The Club holds an International Meet every year in a different location.  Then, too, there are about 40 local chapters around the U.S., all of which sponsor local meets. 

These internet forums are great, but there is no substitute for being plugged into a network of fellow enthusiasts, many of whom are not on the forums but most of whom can offer you technical help and (most especially) friendship!

Here's the URL for the Club's website: http://www.hetclub.org/
  • I believe this will reach Clifford   I see you may have a 29   I have a fender which may be of a 29  It is listed on eBay   https://www.ebay.com/itm/223755322313  could you click on the link and see or id for me if it similar  Thanks in Advance Frank  Cortech1@gmail.com
  • That is a 1929 Hudson Essex fender. It matches the ones on the car. Fortunately mine are good shape 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    There are a pair of '29 Essex headlamps on the N.Z. Trademe site at the moment. www.trademe.co.nz