46 Pickup Air Cleaner Mounting Photos?

longlivelance
longlivelance Member
edited November 2019 in HUDSON
Hey all, I was able to track down the proper air cleaner for my truck. I've seen a few photos where it is mounted to the top of the engine head cover. The photos I have found however are not super clear. I am missing the mounting piece that connects to the small hole in the air cleaner and to the head cover, so I am going to need to make one.

Does anyone have an original set up they could snap some photos of for me? I'm mostly curious of the shape/size of the mounting piece, and where it is supposed to attach on the cover.

Here is what I have:

Thanks!

Comments

• cchancel
    cchancel Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't have a picture of one mounted (nor do I have an appropriate engine to attach it to); however, I have one of the air cleaner and bracket. The bracket is very simple and should likely attach via a head bolt/stud through the round hole and the filter via bolt through the slotted hole.  If needed, I can dig it out for measurements.

The tall stud on the lower-left side of your picture looks like a good candidate for the attachment point.

• Thank you cchancel! That is very helpful. It is much simpler then I expected! If I end up needing measurements on it, I will reach out. 

Thanks again!
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    Here is a picture of the air cleaner, with the bracket attached to the head - best I can do, at the moment.  You should be able to enlarge enough, to see how it attaches, and to which head bolt it goes onto.
    74.png 418.9K
  • Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the photos 46HudsonPU!