No Power to my radio

I have no power going to my radio from the fuse panel in my 39. In the picture I uploaded  where I circled red is void of power. The yellow is the wire going to the radio and fuse. I checked it with a test light. Every where else on the fuse panel I get light showing I have power. So.... I am confused as to what to do here. Any suggestions?  As I do want my radio to work. d  

Comments

• KustomKreeps
    KustomKreeps Member
    edited November 2019
    Get the old test lamp out then turn the key on and quickly run down the table below
    using the image as reference.

| Has Power | No Power  
    A. |                 |                 | if has power but radio dosnt replace wire.
    B. |                 |                 | if has power but A dosnt then remove and clean A.
    C. |                 |                 | if no power but D has then dead fuse.
    D. |                 |                 | if no power but E has power then possible fuse socket issue.
    E. |                 |                 |  should give power to F & D
    F. |                 |                 |  If has power then E , G & D should as well
    G. |                 |                 | if this works then F E D should work.
    H. |                 |                 | since its oh so fun under a dash I thought I would throw this one in. if your test light is one with a neddle end poke it in along the wire if A was reading power to see where its stuffed.

if C has power but A B dont then check C socket area.

Edit-
    Guess you should check the two wires joining on to F & D as well. Im guessing these go to main harness?
  • Thanks Kustom for the detailed info, I will check all those and annotate findings Much appreciation. I'll let you know what I find  
  • Ok after testing all that was mentioned I came up with Chas no power but D has and it was dead fuse. It didn't look blown so it must be broken behind the metal caps. Thanks again Kustom You Rock!