34 Terraplane headlight

tomt
tomt Member
edited October 2019 in Parts & Pieces

I am looking for a few headlight lens retainers for a 34 Terraplane these are the type that fit through a spring and clip into the bucket.  I would prefer new.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Donald Axelrod of Massachusetts sells complete headlights only, but you might try him anyway.  Possibly he has a broken or "parts headlight" with the clips you need, that he'd sell you.  Here's the contact info that I have for him: 

Donald I. Axelrod
    35 Timson St.
    Lynn, MA 01902
    781-598-0523
  • Thanks much, I will contact Donald.
  • Donald Axelrod does have these parts, contact him at the above phone # or   hdlthqtrs@aol.com 
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    I need to restore my 35H headlights in the near future. So I looked at the clips wanted. I dont have spares but this is what they look like. A simple clip that slides up between the 2 fingers. 
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    Would require some effort but certainly look to be something one could make since you have a pattern
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Do you mean the spring clips that fit through the 3 small coil springs ?
    if you had a pattern, you could probably bend some out of thin spring steel strip.

• The Terraplane is different than the picture. Old Fogey described them, an arrow shaped clip that goes through a spring and into a bracket in the bucket.  The clips need to be turned 90 degrees to fit into the bracket, and then turned back.  Same to remove them.

Received them from David Axelrod, and have them installed.   Thanks for the help.

• barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Have just learnt that my photos are of 1934 and not 1935 headlight