Question on Transmission Shop - Portland OR Area

alkurzenalkurzen Posts: 1Member
All.  I am a Studebaker guy but helping my brother out with his '53 Hornet.  Looks like the ATF drained out of the Dual Range Hydromatic and the shifting bands are likely smoked. At least the new ATF smells like it.  The local old-timer at my nearby T shop that could repair these old transmissions has permanently retired.  Does anyone know of a shop in the Portland Oregon/Vancouver WA area that can at a minimum, fix the bands, or more repair if needed?  Thanks. All.   

Comments

• RichardDRichardD Posts: 779Member
    edited September 2019
    SeaFoam  TT-16 TransTune can fix a lot before you spend a lot.  I know for a fact in two cars.
    Edit: But, generally from overheating not from running 'half' dry.

• GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 2,297Expert Adviser
    Don Chase - 
    5367 N 30th St
    Omaha, NE 68111 
    Hudson Club Member phone: 403-455-5620
    advertises Hudson Hydramatic repair and sales 

• cheyenne7271cheyenne7271 Posts: 443Member
    FYI to all, I just acquired last week the Republic tool board that has all the tools, except one that we couldn’t find, to disassemble and reassemble our Hydros. I’ll have my new shop put up in the next month and I’ll start building them. 
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    51 Commodore Six Club Coupe
    50 Pacemaker Deluxe R.I.P. (burned and destroyed in building fire)
    49 Super Six Sedan
  • RichardDRichardD Posts: 779Member
    Have 1-A Kent Moore USA DET.13 Servo Band Adjuster if that is what is missing.

• cheyenne7271cheyenne7271 Posts: 443Member
    Richard I think I have that, my friend that gave it to me thinks it’s some kind of feeler gauge, maybe it fell behind his work bench
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    51 Commodore Six Club Coupe
    50 Pacemaker Deluxe R.I.P. (burned and destroyed in building fire)
    49 Super Six Sedan