TACHOMETER ON 12V STEPDOWN

IF ANYONE WANTS TO INSTALL A TACH ON YOUR STEPDOWN [ASSUMING IT HAS 12V ], I INSTALLED ONE THAT I CAN RECOMMEND.
 IT IS A SUNPRO SUPER TACH II, #CP7911, AVAILABLE ON AMAZON FOR $32.99. IT FITS ON MY '53 VERY GOOD--not sure of others. Oh, the large button is for air horns !!
I have almost run out of anything to add to my car, SERIOUSLY, and saw this item !!

Comments

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited September 2019
    Amazon did not have it back then; eBay also had cheaper than Amazon has it now, but now that is reversed.
    Sorry, thought you originally posted on HET Facebook group.
    I need to delete this and put it there for those guys but deletion is NOT allowed like it is on Facebook!
    We need to spread this around for the 12v guys.. I have had the unit for a good while but just got around to installing it today. Extremely easy to do, as you know. Now I have 4 SunPro guages !

• Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

I have a 12v tach and an air/fuel gauge on my 53.  Helps me figure out if the jetting on my webers is getting better or worse.  The only problem I have is they both put noise through the tube radio.  But I have a secret audio modern system which works fine so I turn the tube off.  Personally I like the tube AM radio as it has a warmer audio tone.  But noise is noise.....

Jay

• Jay G said:

I have a 12v tach and an air/fuel gauge on my 53.  Helps me figure out if the jetting on my webers is getting better or worse.  The only problem I have is they both put noise through the tube radio.  But I have a secret audio modern system which works fine so I turn the tube off.  Personally I like the tube AM radio as it has a warmer audio tone.  But noise is noise.....

Jay

https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/171414/radio-noise-suppressed-replaced-spark-plug-wires#latest