value of overdrive 3 speeds?

I have two overdrive three speeds with Hudson bell housings.  I also have the flywheels, clutch plates in need of attention, and pressure plates.  I have one throw out bearing.  the years are 1949 and 1950.  I have read they are Borg Warners, but I don't know how to tell.  I also have a separate overdrive section, which has rusty and damaged gears sticking out of it.  Are these in demand.  I would guess they cost a fair bit to ship, also.  

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    The overdrive transmissions are always popular. 

The transmission itself will be Hudson-built, but the overdrive portion is Borg-Warner.  The separate overdrive section will not be so easy to sell, as it is incomplete.  But someone who knows about overdrives and repairs them, may want it for the parts.

Yes, they will be very expensive to ship.  What is your location?
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    contact wildricks restoration they are always looking for rebuild able clutch and pressure plates don't dump them
  • Jon B said:
    The overdrive transmissions are always popular. 

The transmission itself will be Hudson-built, but the overdrive portion is Borg-Warner.  The separate overdrive section will not be so easy to sell, as it is incomplete.  But someone who knows about overdrives and repairs them, may want it for the parts.

Yes, they will be very expensive to ship.  What is your location?   Craig said:  I live in Minnesota, near St. Francis, if you want to come look