54 Hornet Hollywood Power Steering setup for sale

selling the complete power steering setup off of my 54 Hollywood. Is complete and will include everything from the pump out to the tie rods. Have video of me “bench” testing the unit on the car with an electric motor to test it. I still need to remove all the parts from the car so no individual pictures just yet but will be able to send some. 

$3k 

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    three thousand wow is it GOLD PLATED
  • Nope, but it is complete 
  • Well ken let’s hear how much you sold the power steering for off of the burned out 54 Hudson you have.

heres the thing guys, I would prefer if you didn’t complain publicly about the price. I posted what I feel it is worth. I did my research, and can show that this has been asked for before at this price 10 years ago... and there hasn’t been much listed for complete setups online in that decade. It is what it is.  it doesn’t say it’s not open for some negotiation. 

• Fully restored with 25k miles of use on it after rebuild. Not exactly new and that’s me being generous. 
  • And that was ten years ago, you can be disappointed with what I’m asking for the setup but I can tell you Hudson hasn’t made anymore of these since 1954. 
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    It's his parts , he can ask what he wants. The market determines the price.
    It doesn't say " firm" in his ad.
    I blinked a couple times when I saw the price , I paid $200 for a running driving 54 
    with power steering and brakes, but this isn't 1974 anymore.
    I don't think we should be bad mouthing someone who is offering up a desirable
    set up. Let the buyer set the price.

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    seems to me you are all forgetting that most Hudson guys are either to old to bother with it or more likely to cheap to buy it.  as a sometimes vender at the national i have heard it all. cheap,cheap cheap.
  • Sold ! Thank you 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks for making this available to folks who have a desire to use this accessory.
  • Wow , I knew I had a rare thing and have been looking at it lately , considering putting it on my 7x in my ‘51 Brougham . I guess I’ve always assumed they were not such a great set up , ease of steering wise , are they ? 
  • See here it is , I also have the stock Hudson two groove balancer. I’ve always thought I could have any hydraulic guy make new hoses .
  •  The pictures don’t enlarge very good do they.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Just a side note, The Hornet and Wasp setups are different and will not interchange.
  • I think I’ve seen those pieces floating around here , I sure hope so , but the big question is , is it worth installing? I offered it to my Dad 15 years ago for his ‘53 Hornet sedan and he turned me down .
  • I drive my Hudsons a lot. To me, If I had all the pieces, it would be a no-brainer. It is worth having if you use your car regularly, and park in congested areas... make U-turns, etc.etc.etc.
  • I have a '54 power steering unit in my '53 AND I wouldn't have bought it otherwise !!!!!
  • Two photos I have showing some of the unit on '53..