Old/New member on the hunt for a (specific) 46/47 pickup

Hey all, My name is Lance & I was a member of the HET Club when I was around 16 years old in 1996. I joined the club to purchase my first car ever, a 47 Hudson pickup. It had a twin-h 308 hornet engine in it. I rewired the car to twelve volt, had the drum brakes converted to disc by a fella in Florida, and a few other mechanical fixes to get it drivable. I never had a steady garage and over the years the cost of storing it in a place I could work on it became too expensive. at about 25, I had to sell the truck, and did so on eBay. This is one of my biggest regrets, but unfortunately did not have much of a choice at the time. 

A fella in Arizona bought the truck with plans to restore it. I am hoping some long time members might have any recollection of this or recognize the truck. I've attached the only pictures I can find of it that I have. This is a crazy long shot, but I was hoping to see what became of it.

I am also interested in finding another one in similar condition that I could restore now that I have a permanent garage and the facilities to do so.

Any help or points in the right direction on either of those would be greatly appreciated. Or just reconnecting with some members. The club was really generous and helpful to me as a teenager with the Hudson obsession. It is still strong all these years later.

Thanks for any leads.

Comments