Looking for NOS front wheel bearings , inner& outer both sides & seals 1951

supersix
supersix Member
edited July 2019 in Parts & Pieces
Does anyone know where I can find front wheel bearings and seals or part numbers so I can go to my local Napa ? Thanks,Dave

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    If you have a good NAPA store that has the old books they should be able to look it up.
  • The old bearings will have part numbers on them. The seal, you won't find at NAPA, they don't make seals like that these days...find one of the Hudson parts places to get them.

Or do like I did and just reuse all the parts, they will probably work fine. Unless you know for sure there's something wrong with them (but if you did, that means you would have inspected them, and seen the part numbers on them)

• bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    You will have a more certain outcome if you take the bearings into a proper bearing and seal store rather than a car parts place, the bearing shop is used to helping people who walk in with parts in hand
    The bearings are not Hudson specials they should be off the shelf, seals can be a little trickier sometimes. If the 1/4" thick single lip seals are not available there is a work around using thicker double lip seals.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Bearings, Front Wheel
    Timken, etc
    Cone
    38-47
    Inner

Outer
    Bearings, Front Wheel
    Timken, etc
    Cup
    38-47
    Inner

Outer
    Bearings, Front Wheel
    Timken, etc
    Cone
    48-54
    Inner

Outer
    Bearings, Front Wheel
    Timken, etc
    Cup
    48-54
    Inner

Outer
    Seals, Front Wheel
    TCM
    36-54 x Jet
    Chicago Rawhide
    CR15649

National

NAPA

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks Larry
  • Unc comes through again!

• Wow !   Thank you , Dave
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    I believe Dr Doug sells the complete sets on his website
    www.wrphet.com
    And if you only need one or two I believe they are available on Rockauto.com and will cross to a Timkin bearing and race.
    Jeff
  • Thank you.