VRR4001A,B Votage regulator wanted

ValVal Posts: 798Member
VRR4001A,B for 1940 Hudson 40,48.  I believe I can use this one as it goes for use with the same generator that I have according to Auto-lite. Anyone? 


  • 2manyprojects2manyprojects Posts: 441Expert Adviser
    are you sure its not VRP not VRR
  • 2manyprojects2manyprojects Posts: 441Expert Adviser
  • LanceLance Posts: 817Member
    Val I have an nos VRP 4001 A.
  • ValVal Posts: 798Member
    The info I have "AUTO-LITE REGULATORS" says the 1940 Hudson model 40 & 48 with the GDS4801A generator (which is what I have) take voltage regulator VRR4001A,B with a note 2 saying that 4008B was used on the first cars. Since I have the same generator called out I thought it may work even though my car is a 1939 model 92    
  • ValVal Posts: 798Member
    2manyprojects, I checked Brillman, no dice but thank you
  • allanallan Posts: 196Member

    Val,this regulator has come up on EBAY a number of times.  If you need one now and can't wait for a new one, I have a used one I can send you.


  • ValVal Posts: 798Member
    Allan, I am looking for a good spare can only assume this unit will work with my car as it does for the 1940 cars with the same generator. What's the asking price and is it an A or B?  
  • allanallan Posts: 196Member
    The regulator is a vrr4001A.  This is the same unit that i use on my 38, 40, 42 and 47.  I have never had one of mine go bad thank goodness.  I paid 100 plus shipping for the new one I put on the 40 and I have seen them on EBAY.  Do you want to wait for a new one to come around or go used?
  • ValVal Posts: 798Member
    I believe I'll wait for a new one
  • cchancelcchancel Posts: 83Member

    This one might be NOS. It was in a box in my trunk when I bought my 51 Super 6.

    PM me if you are interested. I can provide more pictures.

Sign In or Register to comment.