Clutch Question

LanceB
LanceB Senior Contributor
I need help from the clutch guru's here.  When my truck has been sitting for a week, I start it up and press the clutch peddle in and try to shift into gear but its grinding the gears until I can get it engaged.  After that first grinding shift all is good and happy again.  Any idea why this is happening?  And hopefully its a simple fix.

Comments

• LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Thanks Ken.  Searched the forum here and found the 80/20 Acetone to Lacquer Thinner combo and a flushing fluid.  Will try that soon.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    By the time I got around to flushing my clutch, it was too late.  Now I have a new clutch disc and throw out bearing, I just don't have the time and desire to change them out...
  • Rocket88
    Rocket88 Member
    edited June 2019
    Make a stick to keep the clutch pedal pressed down.

Press the clutch pedal down to the floor and measure the distance from the top of the pedal to the back edge of the bottom rim of the dashboard.

Cut a piece of lumber that measurement. I use a 2" by 2" piece.

When you park the vehicle, press the clutch to the floor and insert the wood between the pedal and the bottom back rim of the dashboard.

The clutch will never again stick together when the car is parked. I do this even when parking the car overnite.

This "trick" has been used by Hudson owners since the beginning of (Hudson) time.

ps...now you cannot use the transmission to keep the car from rolling when parked.