Rebuilding a 308

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
I am planning to do a father son project this summer rebuilding a '55 308.  It has been sitting for many years in my garage and still has the hyrdro attached.  The seller told me it had quite a few miles on it when the body rusted away in WI.  I know the crank for the 55 and 56 are different I believe than earlier 308s and I plan to use a modern GM trans behind it one of these days for a future project. Hopefully a '36 or '37 H or T streetrod.  I did rebuild my '50 8 and it turned out well, but it has been a while and I would welcome any comments or inputs before we start tearing into this one.

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Dan I know you use my website.  There is a wealth of information on engine rebuilding there.  Those who drive them and those who thrash them are represented.  I just finished the prep work including machining to create a street friendly 262 which will be the power for my 54 Wasp Club Sedan.  I have accumulated a most of the tips and cautions into that site.  Father Son project is a great idea.  Take pictures and keep a written notebook.  It will be a great asset to keep focus.  Furthermore if you like I will make a place on my site to capture your journey.  Remember others would be thrilled to read your story. Good luck!
  • 50C8DAN
    Thanks

• trdrew
    trdrew Member
    Glowplug what is the address of your website?
  • 50C8DAN
    I have a new Clifford cam and head that I have been holding on to for years for this one.  I also have a Clifford 3x2 intake so it is time to see them on an engine!

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Glowplug, Great website!  I have used it many times & certainly appreciate all your efforts to put that together!!