Newbie reaching out to all... Help!

A BIG hello to all at the H-E-T Club and please do take a look at my profile for background! Where to begin..? More pictures to follow but any initial input, guidance or even just your thoughts would be very much appreciated! The journey begins... Thanking you all in advance.

Comments

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    WOW! What a beauty!
    If you haven't joined the club, I would highly recommend it as it will open up many doors and a wealth of information and help.
    Great start on your journey!
    Jeff
  • ken1962
    ken1962 Member
    Fab looking car. Please don't take it apart and try a restore. Give it a clean, find a bumper bar and enjoy playing with it for a few years you lucky dog cheers ken 
  • Jeff already a member!
  • ken1962 said:
    Fab looking car. Please don't take it apart and try a restore. Give it a clean, find a bumper bar and enjoy playing with it for a few years you lucky dog cheers ken 
    Ken she really is complete including the emblem on the front wing right. Bumpers, etc had to stay off to get her into a normal UK size garage! My concerns, she hasn’t moved in 30 years, one rear break appears seized on and I haven’t gone anywhere near turning the engine over yet. Any points, tips and knowledge/experience sharing very much appreciated!
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Whereabouts in the UK are you based?
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Hammersmith
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Tip number 1. Don't even think of trying to start the engine until you have removed and cleaned the oil pans. Tip number 2. Essential!! Fill the dipper tray with oil before you put it back in place. Most important. 
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    ESSX28-1 said:
    Hammersmith
    I should have read the profile :)
  • KustomKreeps
    KustomKreeps Member
    edited May 2019
    ><
    Cant help my self.

Roof chop 4inch off the front and 8 off the back.
    slam it to the ground.
    maybe section it a tad whilst your at it.
    throw in a v8 or do some trick mechanics and supercharge or turbo the old donk.

^^ your welcome.
    oh and send me that emblem!

Certainly an upgrade from the old Brit Morris Minors.

Alex

- edit -
    Glad this forum dosnt have a rate down/dislike button cus im sure im would be well in the negatives by now.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    edited May 2019
    ><

- edit -
    Glad this forum dosnt have a rate down/dislike button cus im sure im would be well in the negatives by now.
    Give me chance , I'm trying to get a "Like" button working first Alex which gives you some more breathing space :)

However , as you know, we welcome all comments in here as long as they remain respectful even if they are , sometimes, a touch off to the left for some!

• squirrel
    squirrel Member
    edited May 2019
    You might want to start with one part of the car at a time. You'll need to deal with the engine, the fuel system, the brakes, the cooling system, and the electrical system (among others). Getting the brakes working first might be a good plan, then move on to the fuel system, and the electrical, and the engine. If you take everything apart at once, it can be overwhelming, for someone who hasn't done it before. Take your time, keep asking a lot of questions, you'll get it done
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Mark every part put small parts in zip lock bags and Mark them small parts get lose easy and can be easily mix up with other parts like dash screws and dash parts in a single box door parts l/r side marked and put in different  boxes it sounds like a lot of work  keep it grouped  and make it easy on your self in the long run it's worth it
  • Like!
  • ken1962
    ken1962 Member
    Probably the biggest thing you need to allocate time for is 'sitting time" - the time honoured thing a new owner does by sitting in it and just running your eyes over every little detail and before you know it someone is calling "teatime" and you've somehow lost 3 hours ?