Tyson Denny Sadler '54 Hornet Race Car

RickoRicko Posts: 17Member
Does anyone know of a color photo of this car? If not, does anyone know the colors used on it? It is the car Al Keller drove in '54. I can only find black and white photos.

Comments

• GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 1,750Expert Adviser
    There are color pictures on Internet.  Car was blue white lettering
  • RickoRicko Posts: 17Member
    I have looked under so many searches and only find black and white photos. Yes, Squirrel that is the one. Glowplug,, what did you search under to see a color photo?

The black and white photos look like a primarily white car with some color of printing of lettering/numbering in 1954.
    Sorry confused this with drag car.   
  • VicTor ZVicTor Z Posts: 648Senior Contributor
    Denny  Sadler
    Thanks for sending, this the most common one. There are a few others too, but all in black and white. 

Contact the museum for NASCAR and ask ? About color.  Found out he died in AZ during race crash that resulted in fatal fire.  He quit NASCAR and joined AAA RACING to get better positioning to race at INDY. 
    I hadn't thought of that - good idea - Thanks!

Calling NASCAR Museum was a Great Idea!!! Tom Jensen at the museum put the word out to some historians and in less than 24 hours, he made contact with a guy who ran the black and white photo through a digitizer and even made contact with a man in his 80's who remembered seeing the car run - the verdict is red and white. Thanks again Glowplug!